About this site
Project Straight Ink.com
It’s more important now than ever to be able to recognize and distinguish the difference between credible, evidence-based information and misleading or deceptive information, especially when it concerns our mental, physical and spiritual well-being. (More about who created this here.)
The goal of this site is to offer information and encourage discussion on how to navigate through all of the overwhelming information we face daily.
- Aspects of reliable, scientific data versus less credible information.
- How to determine the difference between evidence-based information versus inaccurate or deceptive information.
- Consequences of taking information at face value, and individual stories showing how some have suffered and overcome the effects of these critical mistakes.
- Anyone is susceptible to believing misleading or fraudulent claims regardless of the extent of our experiences or education, so we offer hints about how to avoid falling into this trap
On our blog, we offer examples of the above and more.
- Many of these concepts will be illustrated by using true stories from a real business, Straight Inc., that passed itself off as a premiere therapeutic facility and even managed to obtain endorsements of presidents and top addiction physicians, despite having no scientific evidence to support its methods. It also received widespread condemnation from former clients and government officials, along with several adverse course judgments.
- We discuss what to expect and how to cope if you or a loved one has already experienced poor results stemming from misleading claims and offer resources for coping.
Please include your thoughts and opinions or questions in the comments section of posts to stimulate discussion about the topics. As we discuss the topics, we all begin to make better decisions when it comes to our families’ and our individual well-being.
Should you decide to become a member of this website, you will have free access to our e-Library which contains historic and current information about various organizations that have participated in perpetuating misleading information, and the unfortunate results that followed. We will continue to stock the e-library with a variety of media until we have all of our documents, videos and more stored in electronic format in the online library.
Our information media will provide information and examples of the problem and how it presents itself, why this happens and how even the smartest people can fall prey to believing non-evidence based information, how to avoid making costly mistakes and how to recover if you have been affected by misleading information. By making this information available, we hope that fewer people will make the same mistakes that have already been made by so many, and will drive organizations to be more forthright or transparent when making claims or offering services without scientific evidence to back up their claims. The ultimate goal would be to create a zero demand for non-evidenced backed information or services.
Project Straight Ink curates and posts related information from similar websites on our social media pages to provide additional resources for you. If you would like to follow us on social media, you will find the link at the top right of this site, next to the search bar.
If you would like to share information you find on our site, click on the icons located within the post or near or on the image you want to share.