In May of 2017, we decided to remove the “Members Only” feature for the library. Now you can access all documents in the library by clicking on “Library of Documents” on the site menu.
Currently, there are numerous newspaper articles about Synanon, Inc (from which the Straight, Inc. treatment modality arose) dating back as far as 1959, as well as professional journal articles about Synanon.
We’ve also added just a few news articles and other Seed, Inc.-related documents to the library and more are being added each week. We are also working on scanning in Straight, Inc. documents for your reference.
New Additions to Project Straight Ink.
- We added an Amazon Book Store
- We added a Resources Page (and just a few links so far)
- We started an Instagram for Project Straight Ink
- We added three video clips (so far) from our first (2001) conference on YOUTUBE (which are also included in the blog post)
New Blog Posts in May Included:
- First ever conference on abuse in youth treatment programs
- An answer to the Question: Why revisit the past?
- The Seeds of Resilience
- Series: “Straight Talk” (Newsletter) #1 – (June 1982 – St. Petersburg, FL)
- 2017 Update on Shane Absalon (former Straightling)
- Memorial Day, 2017
Additions Planned for June 2017
We Plan to add:
- a new ‘Psychology’ page to the website dedicated to understanding the difference between evidence-based and non-evidence-based psychology.
- a new ‘Series’ page that groups together all the blog posts that belong to each individual series written.
- more Seed, Inc. and Straight, Inc. documents to the library.